Last updated: 2021-02-19
Jesdo Software LLC (“we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy rights and is committed to being transparent with our use of your information. If you are a resident of or access our Services from within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we apply the privacy protection to your information required by the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Our game Don’t Take My Beans! at https://jesdosoftware.com/dtmb (a “Game”)
- Our website at https://jesdosoftware.com (the “Website”)
- Our newsletter at https://jesdosoftware.us19.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=88275feb67e67eaf097922d9a&id=3173247121 (the “Newsletter”)
We also collect, store, use, disclose, and share data from you which is anonymized by isolating the information from any personal identifiers (“Non-Personal Information”). Non-Personal Information cannot be used by us, or third parties that we share such information with, to identify you.
We may store some of your information via local storage (for example cookies) temporarily or permanently on your internet-enabled device, which allows us to retrieve information on your device about your use of the Services (e.g. which language you prefer or your login name).
What We Collect and How We Use It
General Use Policy. We may use your information to provide, administer, maintain, and improve our Services; personalize your experience of the Services; analyze user activity of our Services; provide you with support regarding our Services; engage in advertising activity; to enforce our rights and the rights of other users of the Services, and to comply with our legal obligations; or to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
Information You Provide Us With
Our Newsletter. We collect the following Personal Information when you subscribe to our Newsletter to contact you at your email address and update you about our Services:
- Email Address
Reaching Out To Us. We collect information from you when you send us or one of our representatives an email or otherwise correspond with us directly (for example your name, email address, or statements that you make). We store this information, including Personal Information, for purposes of responding to your request and providing you with the necessary support regarding our Services. We will not collect information if your communication with us does not relate to our Services or future services.
Information We Collect Automatically
Automatic Collection. We make use of various third-party analytic and reporting technologies and partner with third parties to record information automatically when you use our Service. Currently we employ the following third-party services, each of which collects data in accordance with their respective privacy policies:
- Unity Ads: https://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Unity Analytics and Remote Config Services: https://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy
- WordPress: https://automattic.com/privacy/
- Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- Google Workspace: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Accessing Our Website. When you access our Website, we automatically collect the following information to help manage, monitor and improve our Website:
- Your basic computer information (such as the operating system you are using and your driver information) in anonymized form as cookies
- Your IP Address
- Cookies used by WordPress.com, as described in https://automattic.com/cookies/
Playing Our Game. When you play our Game we automatically collect the following information from you to operate and improve the Game, improve your playing experience of our Game, and to establish marketing performance of our advertisement.
- In-game metrics in anonymized form (for example, retention time, number of game restarts, use of game features, domain-specific stats for the game, number of ads viewed, items unlocked in the game, in-app purchases made)
- In-game preferences and settings as local storage (for example, choice of language, audio settings, and-game specific choices)
- Third-party platform user ID, user name, or account name
How We Share Your Information With Third Parties
We may transfer Personal Information for processing in countries in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside or are a citizen. If you have accessed our Service from within the EEA, additional rules apply to the transfer of your Personal Information (see below).
Third Party Service Providers. We contract with third parties who help us with our Services. Currently the third parties are:
- Mailchimp to operate the Newsletter
- WordPress.com to operate our Website
- Google Workspace to store your direct communication to us
- Unity Ads for ad placement
- Unity’s Analytics and Remote Config services to collect in-game analytics
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Personal Information. We have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in order to help safeguard and prevent unauthorized access, use, alteration, modification and/or disclosure of your information by which you can be identified.
Our Policy on Information from Children
Under Thirteen. Our Services are intended for users ages 13 and older only. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children that we know to be under the age of 13. In addition, we will delete any information in our possession that we discover originates from a child under the age of 13.
Parental Controls. If you believe that your child’s Personal Information was mistakenly collected through our services, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to determine if this is the case and remove such information if necessary.
Your Control Over Our Use Of Your Personal Information
Personal Information. You may review, update, change, or delete your Personal Information by requesting that we cancel your access to our Services (for example, delete your Third Party Platform Account) at email@example.com .
Cookies And Local Storage. You may delete local storage by setting your browser or internet-enabled device to disable local storage. Please be aware that local storage is important for your access of our Services and if you disable local storage, your access of our Service may be restricted or impossible.
Opting-Out. You may opt out from having your Personal Information used for certain purposes. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure within the immediately preceding calendar year of that resident’s Personal Information to third parties and in some cases affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us through the information provided below. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the email address. For your protection, you will be required to provide proof of your identity to obtain a copy of your Personal Information.
Rules When You Access the Service from Within the EEA
If you access our Service from within an EEA Member State, the following privacy rules apply to you.
The Purposes For Which We Collect Information From You. We only process your Personal Information if we have a lawful purpose pursuant to Article 6(1) GDPR. The following lawful purposes apply to such information that we collect from you:
- Necessary Collection To Perform Services (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR). We need the Non-Personal Information that we collect when you play the Game in order to fulfill our obligations relating to your use of our Game.
- Consent Based Collection (Article 6(1)(a) GDPR). We collect your Personal Information for the Newsletter because you gave us your explicit consent to use this information when you subscribed for the Newsletter. Unity Ads collects your Personal Information when you access our Game and opt in for Personalized Ads when you give your explicit consent to use this information. You may withdraw this consent, and we will cease to use your Personal Information for this purpose, by contacting us at email@example.com .
- Other Purposes. We may process your information for other reasons when we are legally obliged to under GDPR Article 6(1)(c) (for example for tax purposes), it is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or someone else under GDPR Article 6(1)(d), it is necessary in public interest under GDPR(6)(e), or for security reasons, to better understand your and others’ interest and preferences for our Services, to improve our Services, for internal purposes (for example for auditing), and to secure and enforce our rights under GDPR Article 6(1)(f).
Your Data Rights. You have the right to correct, update, change (if the information we process is incorrect), or delete your Personal Information or demand that we release such Personal Information, as well as restrict how we use or entirely end the use of such Personal Information, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . The above rights may be limited in certain necessary situations. For example, we will keep your Personal Information if, at the time or in the foreseeable future, it is necessary for us to establish, commence, or defend against a legal claim.
Withdrawing Consent. If we have received Personal Information from you because of your explicit consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com .
Transferring and Sharing Data. We will never transfer your Personal Information to a third party or a successor of ours that resides in a country that does not adhere or cannot guarantee the same privacy protection standards as provided by the GDPR. Currently we share your Personal Information with the following parties outside of the EEA, all of which protect your rights pursuant to the GDPR:
- We share your email address with The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a Mailchimp (“Mailchimp”) for purposes of distributing emails to you through our Services. Mailchimp is located in the US and applies the safeguards pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield. You can view Mailchimp’s privacy protection standards at https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ .
- We share the Personal Information that you directly communicate to us or when you play our Games with Google LLC to improve our Services and to store and reply to your request. Google LLC is located in the US and applies the safeguards pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield. You can view Google LLC’s privacy protection standards for Google Analytics at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en .
- We share in game relevant non-personal information when you use our Games with Unity Technologies ApS. We only share information with Unity Technologies ApS because it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligation to provide you with the Game (pursuant to GDPR Article 49(1)(b). You can view Unity Technologies ApS’s privacy protection standards for Unity Analytics at https://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy .
- We share the Personal Information that you directly consent to when you access our Game and consent to Personalized Ads with Unity Technologies ApS to provide Personalized Ads. Unity Technologies ApS is located in the US and applies the safeguards pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield. You can view Unity Technologies ApS’s privacy protection standards for Unity Ads at https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/legal/data-privacy-and-consent .
Liability For Affiliated Third Parties. In the event that a data breach occurs at one of our affiliated third parties (for example a breach of their security that leads to destruction, alteration, loss, or unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information), we are jointly liable with that affiliated third party for such damages of yours that arise from that data breach, but only if we cannot show that we were not responsible for the data breach.
Parental Control. Children Under Sixteen. We do not acquire Personal Information based on consent from children under the age of sixteen. If you believe that your child’s Personal Information was mistakenly collected through our Service, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to determine if this is the case and grant you the rights under this Section.